I started as an electrical engineer.
And I’m now a green technology entrepreneur, owner of the biggest solar retailer in the UK, and bringing to market lots of exciting new products which will transform homes in the future.
So how on earth did that happen?
I think the clue is in the name of my company, Project Better Energy.
It has always been in my blood to improve things, make them better. Some of the products I sell now have been years in my mind and in the making, waiting for the right moment.
But when it comes to ‘energy’, what does ‘better’ mean anyway?
To us, ‘better’ means being able to meet a challenge, solve a problem.
It predominantly means these five things;
- Renewable – drawn from a source that is not depleted when used, such as the sun
- Contributing to the goal of zero carbon emissions – a global mission and challenge, but set as 78% reduction by 2035 by the UK government
- Efficient – able to be flexible, used when and where needed and saved when and where not needed
- Cost effective – for everyone and everything involved, installation, maintenance, usage, long term savings
- Smart – operated with user ease via phone apps and technology
We know that customers want these things but we also know there’s a lot of confusion about what they mean and how they can be achieved.
So now we are coming out the other side (hopefully) of this pandemic, I’m going to be talking a lot more about the issues, about how we help customers, about how homes can be made so energy efficient that bills can reduce to virtually zero, and lots more.
Follow me or connect with me to stay in the loop on how we can all benefit from ‘better’ energy.
#energy #greentechnology #zerocarbon